- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 min
BackstoryI like the idea u dont have to peel these potatos plus u cook them in the milk u then stain and mash them with. It was a great program. I cant wait to make these tomorrow and I'll add the picture soon.
- * 8 medium-sized Yukon gold potatoes, quartered unpeeled
- * 2 cups heavy cream
- * 2 cups whole milk
- * 4 cloves garlic, peeled and gently smashed
- * 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- * 1 bay leaf
- * Extra-virgin olive oil
- * 2 tablespoons butter
- * 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- * Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add potatoes, cream, milk, garlic, thyme and bay leaf into a large saucepan and gently boil for 15 minutes until potatoes are just tender and the tip of a paring knife goes through with little resistance. Strain potatoes and reserve the cream mixture but discard the bay leaf, thyme stems and the garlic. Mash the potatoes and fold in the cream mixture until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Fold in about a tablespoon of the olive oil, the butter, and the grainy mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with Reynolds Parchment Paper to keep from drying out until ready to serve.