MUSTARD SALMON IN PHYLLO
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB Olive oil
- 2 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1/4-cup fresh dill, chopped
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillet pieces, center cut (16 ounces)
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, melted
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, toasted
- creme fraiche
- 1 bunch greens (Your choice)
- 1/2-ounce Salmon roe Caviar (or Lumpfish)
- Mix olive oil, dijon mustard, and dill.
- Brush the mixture on the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Brush a baking sheet with melted butter.
- Unroll the phyllo dough and lay a sheet out on your work surface.
- Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle with some caraway seeds. Lay down another sheet and spread that with melted butter, laying down a 3rd sheet as well.
- Cut the stacked sheet in half.
- Lay 1 piece of salmon in the middle of each half, fold the sheets over the salmon to create a package or en croute.
- Repeast previous steps with phyllo and wrap 2 more fillets.
- Transfer the packages to the baking sheet, brush with a little more melted butter and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes; until the phyllo is golden brown.
- To serve:
- Line a plate with greens and top with a salmon Phyllo parcel.
- Garnish with a dollop of crème fraîche and a small spoon of salmon or lumpfish caviar;
- Serve immediately.
NotesSomething for me to do with the few extra sheets of Phyllo I had left over from making Spanakopeta the other day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More