- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5kg leg mutton (small cubes)
- 2.5cm ginger, ground to paste
- 4 cloves garlic, ground to paste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 green chilli
- 6 cloves
- 18 shallots, sliced
- 8 black cardamons, remove pods
- 2 potatoes, cut to wedges
- 1.5 cups thick coconut milk
- 5 cups thin coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp salts (marinate)
- 35g meat curry powder
- Marinate mutton with ginger, 2 tsp salt and garlic for 1/2 hour.
- Heat wok with ghee and fry cinnamon and cloves till fragrant.
- Add shallots, green chilli and cardamon seeds, then potatoes till fragrant.
- Add mutton and stir fry for 2 mins. Cover and allow mutton to cook till the juice evaporates. Turn occassionally.
- Pour in thin coconut milk and cook covered for a further 15 mins over medium heat.
- Add thick coconut milk and bring to a boil. Stir in salt and curry powder. Cook for a further 20 mins or more till mutton is tender.
- (note: I find this dish taste even better overnight)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More