- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1.25 lbs. top round steak, cut into cubes
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 Tbl. flour
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1/2 medium onion, rough chopped
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 carrots, cut in coins
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1 jar pearl onions, drained
- Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lightly dust with the flour. Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven. Add the meat and brown on all sides, adding the onion along the way. When meat is browned and onion is soft, Add enough water to cover the meat, bring to a boil, then turn to simmer. Cover, and allow to cook slowly (about an hour) till beef is tender, adding water, if necessary. Add the carrots, potatoes, and consomme, bringing back to a boil before turning back to simmer and covering to allow vegetables to cook (about 45 minutes.) When vegetables are tender, add the pearl onions and allow to heat through before serving.
- Add a crusty french loaf, or some cornbread for a tasty meal.
NotesThis is what I made for dinner tonight...basic, comforting food; perfect for a blustery October day in New England!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Cooking with Sabra
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More