- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 80
- Preparation Time: 60
- * 1 (18 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- * 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- * 1 lb confectioners' sugar (about 3.5 cups)
- * 1 tablespoon vanilla
- * 12 ounces chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- * 3-4 ounces paraffin wax (I use 1/4 of a standard block)
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate chips with paraffin wax (or chocolate bark coating) in a double boiler (or very carefully in the microwave).
- Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick about 3/4 of the way covered.
- Place chocolate side down on parchment paper, such as Reynolds brand.
- If desired, drizzle some chocolate over the tops to hide the toothpick hole.
- Let set at room temperature or refrigerate.
NotesI make about 30 varieties of cookies and candies during the holidays and these are the most requested. They are fairly easy and delicious. I serve them on a tray in miniature muffin liners. I have tried many different buckeye recipes, but this one, adapted from a recipe given to me years ago, is the best one I have used. Note: Instead of chips and paraffin wax, you may use chocolate bark coating and it works really well. You will need 5-6 two oz. blocks of bark.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More