MY BEST BUCKEYES (PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE BALLS/CANDIES)
My Best Buckeyes (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Balls/Candies)
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 80
- Preparation Time: 60
- * 1 (18 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- * 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- * 1 lb confectioners' sugar (about 3.5 cups)
- * 1 tablespoon vanilla
- * 12 ounces chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- * 3-4 ounces paraffin wax (I use 1/4 of a standard block)
Cream peanut butter and butter.
Add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.
Melt chocolate chips with paraffin wax (or chocolate bark coating) in a double boiler (or very carefully in the microwave).
Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick about 3/4 of the way covered.
Place chocolate side down on parchment paper, such as Reynolds brand.
If desired, drizzle some chocolate over the tops to hide the toothpick hole.
Let set at room temperature or refrigerate.