- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryNow the Autumn has arrived and for me it calls for a hot and warming food like this Chili. I got tired of always having to use a specific spice blend from the supermarket, so I developed this one and now I always make my Chili this way.
- 1 small onion
- 1 small spring onion
- 350g minced beef
- 1 tin (400g) whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomatoe pure
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- Fry the finely chopped onion in some oil, add cumin and chili.
- Then add finely chopped spring onion and salt.
- Now add the minced meat and stir and remove clumps in meat while frying.
- When meat is fried and in small "grains" add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Note do not squeese or break the tomatoes. Let cook in whole on a low heat at least half an hour. Then you will see that the tomatoes have dissolved them selves.
- I love to serve this Chili with Pasta, most preferably Gnocchi from Barilla.
- Also great condiment is some Sour Cream or Philadelphia and Plain salted Tortilla Chips.