- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small onion
- 1 small spring onion
- 350g minced beef
- 1 tin (400g) whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomatoe pure
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or more
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- Fry the finely chopped onion in some oil, add cumin and chili.
- Then add finely chopped spring onion and salt.
- Now add the minced meat and stir and remove clumps in meat while frying.
- When meat is fried and in small "grains" add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Note do not squeese or break the tomatoes. Let cook in whole on a low heat at least half an hour. Then you will see that the tomatoes have dissolved them selves.
- I love to serve this Chili with Pasta, most preferably Gnocchi from Barilla.
- Also great condiment is some Sour Cream or Philadelphia and Plain salted Tortilla Chips.
NotesNow the Autumn has arrived and for me it calls for a hot and warming food like this Chili. I got tired of always having to use a specific spice blend from the supermarket, so I developed this one and now I always make my Chili this way.
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Growers' Giveback Potluck
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More