- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 110°f)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 c. icing sugar
- 2 T. milk
- 1 T. corn syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl or measuring cup and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar with milk and melted margarine in a large bowl. Mix in egg and salt.
- Mix in 1 cup of flour. When flour is combined, mix in 1 more cup of flour. Mix in the yeast solution, and then stir in the remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Use your hands to form the dough into a ball, and then put the dough back into the bowl, cover it and store it in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix the filling ingredients together in a medium bowl, and set aside until needed.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface until about 1/2-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to slice dough into approximately 1/2-inch wide strips, and then slice those strips into 1/2-inch long chunks of dough.
- Use softened margarine to grease the cups of a large muffin tin (or place large muffin papers in muffin tin).
- Drop 6 chunks of dough into the bottom of each cup. Spoon 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon filling over the dough. Drop 7 more pieces of dough onto the filling in each cup, and then spoon 2 teaspoons of filling over the top of the dough.
- Cover the muffin tin with a cloth or plastic wrap and let the dough sit in a warm spot for 30 minutes so that it rises a little more.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake cinnaMelts for 15 to 20 minutes or until dough turns light brown. As the cinnaMelts cool, make the icing by mixing together all of the icing ingredients.
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of icing over the top of each cinnaMelt. Let stand until icing is set.
- Makes 12.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Home cookingSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More