- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 3
BackstoryI had nothing in the house for lunch, one of the last two days in
March, and wanted to make waffles. With no waffle or pancake mix
in the pantry, I decided to use a corn muffin mix. They're so good
and not only thin enough to be thin pancakes, but just as tastey
and crunchy as corn bread.
- 1 8.5 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter or spread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp clear vanilla
- Heat waffle iron.
- Combine all the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl;
- add the remaining two, stirring them in.
- Scoop 1/2 cup or less of batter into iron and close the
- lid. When the light is green, lift lid and carefully remove
- with a fork.
- note: if you scoop too much batter into waffle iron, some will
- ooze out, so besure to have a paper towel, under the waffle iron.