- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 8.5 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter or spread
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp clear vanilla
- Heat waffle iron.
- Combine all the first four ingredients in a mixing bowl;
- add the remaining two, stirring them in.
- Scoop 1/2 cup or less of batter into iron and close the
- lid. When the light is green, lift lid and carefully remove
- with a fork.
- note: if you scoop too much batter into waffle iron, some will
- ooze out, so besure to have a paper towel, under the waffle iron.
NotesI had nothing in the house for lunch, one of the last two days in
March, and wanted to make waffles. With no waffle or pancake mix
in the pantry, I decided to use a corn muffin mix. They're so good
and not only thin enough to be thin pancakes, but just as tastey
and crunchy as corn bread.