MY DAD’S MACARONI SALAD
My Dad’s Macaroni Salad
- Servings: 8
- 1 lb Small "Salad" Macaroni
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 TB prepared Horseradish
- 2 TB Brown Mustard (Or Dijon if you prefer)
- 3 TB Sweet Pickle Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 hard boiled eggs, fine diced
- 3/4 cup Red or White Onion, fine dice
- 6 Sweet Pickles, fine dice
- 1 6-8oz can Black Olives, fine dice
- 1/4 cup Green Olives, fine dice
- 3 stalks of Celery, fine dice
- 3 oz Cheddar cheese, fine dice
- 1 can of Salad shrimp, small chop (Optional- But I always do it)
Boil Pasta according to package directions, drain and let cool.
Make the salad dressing my mixing Mayonnaise, Horseradish, Brown Mustard, Sweet Pickle Juice, Salt and Pepper in a small bowl until homogenous.
Begin dicing and tossing all remaining ingredients into another bowl.
Toss well to thoroughly distribute the all ingredients.
When Pasta is cooled to room temperature, add the dressing and toss to coat the macaroni.
When well coated, add the diced ingredients and toss again to incorporate evenly.
Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.