- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1c. Flour
- 1c. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2tsp. Salt
- 2tsp. Baking Powder
- 1c. Chopped Dates
- 1c. Nuts
- 1/2c. Milk
- 2c. Water
- 1c. Brown Sugar
- 2Tbl. Butter
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- If dates are dry, cover with boiling water and soak for 5mins, then drain excess water off.
- Add dates, nuts and milk to the flour mixture making a batter.
- Spread batter into bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Bring to boil water, brown sugar and butter.
- Pour mixture over batter slowly.
- Bake 25 mins. at 350 degrees
- Serve warm with cool whip or vanilla ice cream.
NotesI make this dessert every Christmas because my husband and in-laws beg for it. It is perfect!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More