- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 35
- 1c. Flour
- 1c. Granulated Sugar
- 1/2tsp. Salt
- 2tsp. Baking Powder
- 1c. Chopped Dates
- 1c. Nuts
- 1/2c. Milk
- 2c. Water
- 1c. Brown Sugar
- 2Tbl. Butter
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- If dates are dry, cover with boiling water and soak for 5mins, then drain excess water off.
- Add dates, nuts and milk to the flour mixture making a batter.
- Spread batter into bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Bring to boil water, brown sugar and butter.
- Pour mixture over batter slowly.
- Bake 25 mins. at 350 degrees
- Serve warm with cool whip or vanilla ice cream.
NotesI make this dessert every Christmas because my husband and in-laws beg for it. It is perfect!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More