- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4-5 good sized baking potatoes
- Chopped onion
- 1-2 tspns dry mustard
- Miracle Whip
- Black and green olives
- Ready-to-serve bacon, crisp and broken in to small pieces
- Shredded cheddar
- Boil the potatoes, skin on, until a fork slides into them easily.
- Run cold water over them and while under the cold running water, pinch off the skin. It's going to be hot, but you have to take it off at this point.
- Dice the potatoes and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onions and olives.
- Sprinkle at least 1 tspn dry mustard over the potatoes.
- Scoop in enough Miracle Whip so that all potatoes get coated but don't get soupy.
- Mix very well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It can sit in the fridge until you're ready to serve, BUT...
- After the salad is chilled, mix it up again and taste. If it's ok by you then it's done. For me, I always have to add more mustard and Miracle Whip. If you add, mix well and you're done.
- When you're ready to serve, top with bacon and cheese.
NotesThis recipe has always been a hit. I'm not sure exactly what makes it so good, but everyone always loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce