- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, soft
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare muffin tins with paper liner.
- In medium bowl, cream sugar and margarine on low speed of electric mixer. Add molasses and egg substitute and beat well. Mix in milk, then bran.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and stir in just until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in raisins if desired.
- Divide batter among muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes.
NotesAnother muffin recipe that I've had forever that I copied from one of my Bon Appetit Cookbooks, but since I'm always on the Weight Watcher program I changed just a little. Hope you give it a try.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More