- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 75
- 4-tsp Instant Yeast
- 2 1/2-TBS Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups of Warm Bottled Water
- 4-tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2-Cups King Arthur AP Flour
- 2-Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4-tsp Bottled water
- Beaten Egg White
- Onion flakes (optional)
- In a large stand mixer bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar, and warm water. Mix well with beaters, and let stand until foamy and/or creamy - about 8-12 minutes.
- Add oil, 1-cup of bread flour, and salt. Stir well with beaters. Remove the beaters, and Insert the bread forks. Add the remaining 2-cups of AP flour - a 1/2 cup at a time - and the other cup of bread flour and knead until dough comes together. Add additional flour (AP) if necessary to form a smooth, cohesive, elastic ball of dough. Flour your counter, and knead further as necessary to get a smooth, elastic ball of dough. Should not be too sticky.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl and turn so dough is coated on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in bulk - about 40-minutes.
- Weigh dough, and divide into eight equal pieces - or more for smaller rolls. These rolls get very big. Roll and form the dough in balls/rounds. Flatten slightly, then place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, or on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let rise for another 20-30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Beat the egg white and water, Carefully brush the egg white onto rolls. Sprinkle roll tops with aditional onion flakes. Bake rolls in preheated 350F. oven for 15-minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- If you want onion hamburger rolls or bread, add 1 tsp onion powder, and 1-TBS dehydrated onion flakes when you add the flour.
- 1. If using dehydrated onion flakes, you will need additional water - 1 to 2 TBS
- 2. I've made these in an ABM by adding all dry indredients then wet ingredients; and a stand mixer with dough hooks. The stand mixer produces a fluffier, more consistent final product.
NotesDeveloped while experimenting and combining my different recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Food Travels Through Italy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More