- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 75
- 4-tsp Instant Yeast
- 2 1/2-TBS Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cups of Warm Bottled Water
- 4-tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2-Cups King Arthur AP Flour
- 2-Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4-tsp Bottled water
- Beaten Egg White
- Onion flakes (optional)
- In a large stand mixer bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar, and warm water. Mix well with beaters, and let stand until foamy and/or creamy - about 8-12 minutes.
- Add oil, 1-cup of bread flour, and salt. Stir well with beaters. Remove the beaters, and Insert the bread forks. Add the remaining 2-cups of AP flour - a 1/2 cup at a time - and the other cup of bread flour and knead until dough comes together. Add additional flour (AP) if necessary to form a smooth, cohesive, elastic ball of dough. Flour your counter, and knead further as necessary to get a smooth, elastic ball of dough. Should not be too sticky.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl and turn so dough is coated on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double in bulk - about 40-minutes.
- Weigh dough, and divide into eight equal pieces - or more for smaller rolls. These rolls get very big. Roll and form the dough in balls/rounds. Flatten slightly, then place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, or on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Let rise for another 20-30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Beat the egg white and water, Carefully brush the egg white onto rolls. Sprinkle roll tops with aditional onion flakes. Bake rolls in preheated 350F. oven for 15-minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- If you want onion hamburger rolls or bread, add 1 tsp onion powder, and 1-TBS dehydrated onion flakes when you add the flour.
- 1. If using dehydrated onion flakes, you will need additional water - 1 to 2 TBS
- 2. I've made these in an ABM by adding all dry indredients then wet ingredients; and a stand mixer with dough hooks. The stand mixer produces a fluffier, more consistent final product.
NotesDeveloped while experimenting and combining my different recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More