MY FAVORITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERMILK CAKE
My Favorite Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: Approximately 12 -15
- Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- ½ cup soft butter (or 2/3 cup shortening)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk (milk will work or a combination of both)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose white flour ( this should be decreased for low altitudes)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
Beat butter, sugar and eggs together until light and thick (about 30 seconds).
Add buttermilk and vanilla and beat a few seconds.
Mix together well and add:flour, cocoa, salt and soda.
Beat all together on high speed for 1 -2 minutes. Pour batter into a 9”x 13” cake pan that has been greased and floured and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes (or 2 - 9” round cake pans for approximately 30 minutes) or until done. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place a sheet of waxed paper on top and turn pan upside down on cooling rack. Lift pan off and finish cooling. Carefully turn cake right side up by placing desired cake plate on top and turn right side up. Remove waxed paper slowly. Frost as desired or top with Homemade German Cake frosting that is posted separately.
Website Credit: http://www.thechefinyou.com/