- Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 1 envelope Dream Whip
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 (small) package instant vanilla or butterscotch pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour and oblong angel food cake pan. (or use a regular tube/bundt pan and adjust baking time)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cake ingredients. Beat a low speed for 30 seconds to combine, then beat at med/high speed for 6 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mixture. Pour in remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping. Cut through the batter with a knife to swirl in the topping. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan before removing. Drizzle with glaze, if desired.
NotesThis coffee cake recipe has been in the family for years. I often take great liberties with it by swapping out ingredients. Try changing the flavors of the cake mix and the pudding, or swirl in some chocolate syrup instead of cinnamon/sugar. However you change it up, it will be sure to please!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Recipes for Vitality
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More