- Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryThis coffee cake recipe has been in the family for years. I often take great liberties with it by swapping out ingredients. Try changing the flavors of the cake mix and the pudding, or swirl in some chocolate syrup instead of cinnamon/sugar. However you change it up, it will be sure to please!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 1 envelope Dream Whip
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 (small) package instant vanilla or butterscotch pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour and oblong angel food cake pan. (or use a regular tube/bundt pan and adjust baking time)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cake ingredients. Beat a low speed for 30 seconds to combine, then beat at med/high speed for 6 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mixture. Pour in remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping. Cut through the batter with a knife to swirl in the topping. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan before removing. Drizzle with glaze, if desired.