- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds Smoked Skirt Steak, recipe follows
- Accompaniments, recipe follows
- 8 flour tortillas
- Marinade, recipe follows
- Smoky-Spicy Salsa, recipe follows, or your own favorite homemade or store-bought salsa, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- To prepare the fajitas indoors: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil. Reheat the vegetables if necessary. Drain the steak well and discard the marinade. Heat a lightly oiled large grill pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Cook the steak, turning once, just until seared on both sides, about 5 minutes. At this point the steak will be about medium-rare. Turn off the heat and continue cook in the hot pan for a more well-done steak. Remove the steak from the skillet to a carving board and let it rest about 5 minutes. Pop the tortillas into the oven and let them warm while the steak is resting.
- To prepare the fajitas on a charcoal or gas grill: Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil. Reheat the vegetables if necessary, using a corner of the grill if there is room. Drain the steak well and discard the marinade. Cook the steak on the hottest part of the grill until both sides are well browned, about 6 minutes. The steak at this point will be about medium-rare, move the steak to a cooler part of the grill and continue to cook it for a more well-done steak. Remove the steak to a carving board and let it rest about 5 minutes. Set the tortilla on a moderately hot part of the grill and let them warm, turning once or twice, while the steak rests.
- To serve: Cut the steak crosswise into thin slices and pile the slices on a serving plate. Serve the vegetables directly from the skillet or scoop them into a serving bowl. Pass the tortillas, salsa, sour cream, steak, and vegetables around the table and let everyone dress their own fajitas as they like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Jean’s Recipe File
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More