- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (enough to fill a large Pyrex baking dish
- 4 TB of fresh or bottled roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Variety of moderate- to low-sodium seasonings -- I like McCormick Montreal Chicken, Cholula Chili Lime, Spice Hunter Fajita Seasoning, Mrs. Dash Chicken, Pike Place Fish Market's Northwest Seafood Seasoning (no kidding, it's great on chicken too)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray Pyrex dish lightly with Pam or other cooking spray. Place chicken in pan and spread thickly with roasted garlic. Then spkinkle each piece of chicken with a different seasoning. Carefully pour the chicken broth in the pan so as to not wash off the seasonings but so each piece of chicken is surrounded. Cover foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove the foil and put pan under the broiler around 5 minutes or until the top of chicken is browned to your taste. Remove from broiler, baste chicken with the remaining broth and let sit 10 minutes so the juices soak in.
NotesI developed this when on a diet where you couldn't add any extra fat to a recipe (other than a spritz of cooking spray). This recipe provides different flavored piece of chicken for dinner or a lunch salad each day for a week to keep down the boredom level.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More