- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 6-8 lb. turkey
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- A few extra sprigs of herbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir all ingredients except turkey and lemon in a bowl to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse turkey well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Salt and pepper generously inside and out.
- Loosen turkey skin and rub butter mixture underneath skin of the whole bird. Rub remaining butter mixture over the outside of the bird.
- Place lemon and extra herb sprigs inside the cavity and truss the turkey or just fold the wings back and under the bird and tuck legs into the skin at the tail end.
- Place in a roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and roast for 1-1.5 hours, or until a thermometer inserted in the breast reads 165 degrees.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More