- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: about 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 1/4 cup of wheat flour (not self rising)
- 1 heap teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 heap teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1/3 teaspoon of fine salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream / milk / yoghurt / cream
- 400 g of strawberries (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of strawberry emulco / flavour (if desired)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (any nuts - if desired)
- 1 - Roast or fry (without oil) the chopped nuts for about 5-6 minutes or until they turned golden brown. Put aside.
- 2 - Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a large bowl. Add the roasted nuts. Put aside.
- 3 - Blend together the strawberries, sour cream & half of the sugar. Take out 1/3 of the blended strawberries, put it in a bowl, keep in the fridge.
- 4 - In a mixing bowl, cream together butter (room temperature) & the remaining sugar until light & fluffy (around 4-5 minutes). Add eggs - one at a time. Add vanilla essence & strawberry emulco.
- 5 - With mixer on low speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture (from step 1), then 1/2 of the blended strawberries (from step 2). Add another 1/2 of the flour mixture, then add all of the blended strawberries and finally add the remaining flour mixture. (in other words, u just simply alternate the flour mixture & the blended strawberries)....this step is done to ensure ur cake will turn out moist (trust me...its worth the effort!)
- 6 - Line muffin tin with paper liners. Pour batter into each cup, filling each cup about 2/3 full
- 7 - Bake in an oven at 350 Fahrenheit (170 Celsius) for about 18-20 minutes (it depends on the oven). To know when your cake is done, use the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick at the centre of the cake and pull it out. If the toothpick comes out clean, its done!
- 8 - Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack to cool them off.
- 9 - When you are ready to serve them, squirt a dollop of whipped cream, a teaspoon of the cooled blended strawberries & finally a slice of strawberry on top of it.
- 10 - Bite, chew, swallow & enjoy! =)
NotesMy mother used to make this as a cake...being a cupcake fanatic, I altered the recipe to make it into batches of cupcakes =)
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More