MY FAVOURITE MOIST STRAWBERRY CUPCAKE
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: about 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 1/4 cup of wheat flour (not self rising)
- 1 heap teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 heap teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1/3 teaspoon of fine salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream / milk / yoghurt / cream
- 400 g of strawberries (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of strawberry emulco / flavour (if desired)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (any nuts - if desired)
- 1 - Roast or fry (without oil) the chopped nuts for about 5-6 minutes or until they turned golden brown. Put aside.
- 2 - Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a large bowl. Add the roasted nuts. Put aside.
- 3 - Blend together the strawberries, sour cream & half of the sugar. Take out 1/3 of the blended strawberries, put it in a bowl, keep in the fridge.
- 4 - In a mixing bowl, cream together butter (room temperature) & the remaining sugar until light & fluffy (around 4-5 minutes). Add eggs - one at a time. Add vanilla essence & strawberry emulco.
- 5 - With mixer on low speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture (from step 1), then 1/2 of the blended strawberries (from step 2). Add another 1/2 of the flour mixture, then add all of the blended strawberries and finally add the remaining flour mixture. (in other words, u just simply alternate the flour mixture & the blended strawberries)....this step is done to ensure ur cake will turn out moist (trust me...its worth the effort!)
- 6 - Line muffin tin with paper liners. Pour batter into each cup, filling each cup about 2/3 full
- 7 - Bake in an oven at 350 Fahrenheit (170 Celsius) for about 18-20 minutes (it depends on the oven). To know when your cake is done, use the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick at the centre of the cake and pull it out. If the toothpick comes out clean, its done!
- 8 - Transfer the cakes onto a wire rack to cool them off.
- 9 - When you are ready to serve them, squirt a dollop of whipped cream, a teaspoon of the cooled blended strawberries & finally a slice of strawberry on top of it.
- 10 - Bite, chew, swallow & enjoy! =)
NotesMy mother used to make this as a cake...being a cupcake fanatic, I altered the recipe to make it into batches of cupcakes =)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More