- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups blackberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, salted
- crumb topping (recipe below)
- Double pie crust (in another email) or use a refrigerated one.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt; toss with blackberries gently so you don't break them. Let set while you make your pie crust and chill dough or allow to rest for 2 hours.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with a pastry and prick the bottom crust with a fork.
- Gently stir your berries, to reincorporate any settling that may have taken place. Pour berries into crust.
- Break up the 1 1/2 Tbsp butter into pieces and dot the top of the berries with the pieces. Place lattice on top and then sprinkle crumb topping over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pie is bubbly. You will need to place foil or a pie crust guard to keep your edges from burning. Mine was placed on about 20 minutes into the baking. (My pie actually baked for 50 minutes.)
- You must allow your pie to cool for a minimum of 2 hours to keep your filling from weeping on a fruit pie!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More