- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups blackberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, salted
- crumb topping (recipe below)
- Double pie crust (in another email) or use a refrigerated one.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt; toss with blackberries gently so you don't break them. Let set while you make your pie crust and chill dough or allow to rest for 2 hours.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with a pastry and prick the bottom crust with a fork.
- Gently stir your berries, to reincorporate any settling that may have taken place. Pour berries into crust.
- Break up the 1 1/2 Tbsp butter into pieces and dot the top of the berries with the pieces. Place lattice on top and then sprinkle crumb topping over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pie is bubbly. You will need to place foil or a pie crust guard to keep your edges from burning. Mine was placed on about 20 minutes into the baking. (My pie actually baked for 50 minutes.)
- You must allow your pie to cool for a minimum of 2 hours to keep your filling from weeping on a fruit pie!!!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More