- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1 Box German Chocolate Cake mix
- 1 1/2 Sticks of butter
- 1 14 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 Bag of caramel candies
- 1 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 pan with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
- Unwrap caramels and set aside.
- Melt butter.
- With an electric mixer, mix cake mixes, melted butter and 2/3 cup of evaporated milk. (The batter will be thick and clump together).
- Press about 3/4 of the batter onto the Reynolds Parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Melt the caramels and 1/2 cup evaporated milk over low/medium heat, stirring often to help the caramels melt.
- Pout the melted caramel on top of the partially cooked brownies.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle the remaining brownie batter, crumbling it between your fingers, on top of the chocolate chips.
- With a spatula, lightly press the crumbled brownie batter down.
- Bake for an additional 12 minutes
- Let cool before cutting.
NotesOne of my very very dear friends made these brownies one year for my birthday and I loved them. The recipe is one that her grandmother used to make and Jennifer saved all of her grandmother's recipes when she passed away.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More