- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryOne of my very very dear friends made these brownies one year for my birthday and I loved them. The recipe is one that her grandmother used to make and Jennifer saved all of her grandmother's recipes when she passed away.
- 1 Box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1 Box German Chocolate Cake mix
- 1 1/2 Sticks of butter
- 1 14 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 Bag of caramel candies
- 1 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 pan with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
- Unwrap caramels and set aside.
- Melt butter.
- With an electric mixer, mix cake mixes, melted butter and 2/3 cup of evaporated milk. (The batter will be thick and clump together).
- Press about 3/4 of the batter onto the Reynolds Parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Melt the caramels and 1/2 cup evaporated milk over low/medium heat, stirring often to help the caramels melt.
- Pout the melted caramel on top of the partially cooked brownies.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the caramel.
- Sprinkle the remaining brownie batter, crumbling it between your fingers, on top of the chocolate chips.
- With a spatula, lightly press the crumbled brownie batter down.
- Bake for an additional 12 minutes
- Let cool before cutting.