- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box white cake mix, (I buy the kind with pudding in the mix)
- 1 3-oz package strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 pkg. frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 box powdered sugar
- Combine cake mix, gelatin, oil, eggs, 3/4 of the package of strawberries and 1/4 cup water in electric mixer bowl; mix until light and creamy. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Cool in pan. Combine remaining strawberries, butter and powdered sugar in bowl, beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cake.
- Notes: The topping is more like an icing than a frosting. This cake is especially pretty done as 2 round layers, I think. Just know that the icing is a little thin.
NotesBackstory: For as long as I can remember, this was the cake that my grandmother made for any family gathering or holiday. She had an old pie safe standing in her kitchen, and in the right hand drawer, she kept an old yellowed and folded recipe, clipped from the newspaper, and it was this strawberry cake. She passed away 15 years ago, and I now host the family dinners. Everyone always raves about the Strawberry Cake. Thanks Mammaw!! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More