MY GREAT BEEF UN-BURGUNDY
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 3-4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 - 2 pounds beef steak or roast, sliced 1/4" thick
- Bacon, sliced or chopped, optional
- 1/2 red onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 package onion soup mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- Liquid - water, beer, or beef broth (4-8 oz.)
- 1/2 can (5-6oz.) cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can (3 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 can or jar (5-6oz.) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cooked noodles or rice
(Start a pot of water on high heat for rice or noodles if needed)
Slice onion, then meat. Crush garlic.
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add butter, then sliced steak or roast and bacon. Stir-fry, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, onion, salt and pepper; stir and cook until beef begins to brown. Add liquid if the meat appears to be drying out.
When meat is browned to preference, add cream soup, tomato paste, onion soup mix, and gravy. Add liquid if very thick. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
(Boil noodles or rice while waiting)
Simmer approx. 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally and adding liquid as needed to thin.
Remove from heat and add sour cream; stir.
(Drain noodles or rice if necessary)
Serve with rice or noodles, a vegetable, and bread.
Serve over cooked noodles or rice.