- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 3-4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 - 2 pounds beef steak or roast, sliced 1/4" thick
- Bacon, sliced or chopped, optional
- 1/2 red onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 package onion soup mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- Liquid - water, beer, or beef broth (4-8 oz.)
- 1/2 can (5-6oz.) cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can (3 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 can or jar (5-6oz.) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cooked noodles or rice
- (Start a pot of water on high heat for rice or noodles if needed)
- Slice onion, then meat. Crush garlic.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add butter, then sliced steak or roast and bacon. Stir-fry, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, onion, salt and pepper; stir and cook until beef begins to brown. Add liquid if the meat appears to be drying out.
- When meat is browned to preference, add cream soup, tomato paste, onion soup mix, and gravy. Add liquid if very thick. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- (Boil noodles or rice while waiting)
- Simmer approx. 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally and adding liquid as needed to thin.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream; stir.
- (Drain noodles or rice if necessary)
- Serve with rice or noodles, a vegetable, and bread.
- Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
NotesI was out of almost everything...including the wine...but it was still a hit! You can do this on a school night (1/2 hour) and still have time to relax with the kids or help with homework.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More