- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add raisins and mix until well coated.
- Add buttermilk and mix by hand.
- Sprinkle flour on board and knead for 5 minutes. Will be sticky, but should not dry out.
- Flour and grease 9” round pan.
- Press dough into mound.
- Cut 1/2 inch slits across the top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes.
NotesMy husband and I LOVE this bread, but it is always better if you can eat it right out of the oven:)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More