- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add raisins and mix until well coated.
- Add buttermilk and mix by hand.
- Sprinkle flour on board and knead for 5 minutes. Will be sticky, but should not dry out.
- Flour and grease 9” round pan.
- Press dough into mound.
- Cut 1/2 inch slits across the top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes.
NotesMy husband and I LOVE this bread, but it is always better if you can eat it right out of the oven:)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More