- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cans pineapple rings in juice, drained reserving the juice
- 12 maraschino Cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pineapple juice (from the cans of pineapple
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- A. Heat oven to 350 F. * Place 1 teaspoon melted butter in each of 12 large muffin cups of a muffin pan. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to each cup. Place 1 pineapple ring in each cup; place 1 cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
- B. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup pineapple juice, the oil and eggs with
- an electric mixer on low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes on high speed. Divide batter evenly among the cups, pouring over the pineapple.^
- C. Bake until cakes are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched in the middle. Allow the cakes to cool in cups 10 minutes.
- D. Place a cookie sheet upside down over each muffin pan; turn cookie sheet and muffin pan over. Remove pan and serve the cakes (or warm at 170 f prior to serving them).
- * Spray or butter the cups of the muffin pans, first.
- ^ Yes, the cake batter has to drown the pineapple and cherries. But remember, the cakes might be a little fragile, maybe even lose a corner when coming out of the muffin pans, because the cake batter is on top.
NotesI wanted to make a pineapple dessert, but didn't think a regular size Pineapple Upside Down Cake would be enough, to serve 10 to 15. So I made some individual ones using a muffin pan. Recipe made more than enough, so I knew there's be plenty. They'd be terrific for a neighborhood party!