- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Broccoli ( or Broccoli Rabe) ( I usually eyeball it use as much or little as you like)
- Good Olive oil ( Cover pan bottom to sauté broccoli & garlic in )
- 1 Box Cavatelli (or like) Pasta
- Salt to taste
- Butter ( optional)
- Lemon juice ( optional )
- It's really easy...sauté some broccoli or broccoli rabe in olive oil & garlic, sauté the broccoli a while before adding garlic so the garlic doesn't burn & get bitter )
- Use a medium heat to sauté becuase olive oil is not a high temp cooking oil if you are OK with butter you can use some with the olive oil to bring up the cooking temperature.
- Cook pasta per box directions... I like to use cavetelli but you can use any pasta around that size & shape.
- Once pasta is cooked el dente, then just put it all together in a large bowl.
- I also like to squeeze a little fresh lemon over the top.
- If I am feeling really decadent I will also pour some melted butter over the top
NotesEvery time my Gramma would spend the weekend at our house I would beg her for this. She would get up at 5AM and start rolling out the pasta dough. I can still see her with the rolling pin and flour in her apron at our kitchen counter, patiently forming each noodle by hand. I would love to be able to say I do it the same way, however I use store bought cavetteli .
Submitted by: "Debbi Altieri"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten-Free and Delicious
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More