MY MMM MMM MMM MOCHA WHIP PIE!
- 8 oz - cream cheese alternative (Toffuti brand)
- 8 oz - non-dairy whipped topping
- 2/3 cup - water
- 5 tbsp - rich powdered drinking chocolate (such as Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate or Mariebelle)
- 2 tsp - instant coffee
- 1 ready made chocolate pie crust (or if you have a recipe, use your own)
- heat 1/3 cup of the water in the microwave. mix 1 tsp instant coffee until dissolved. then mix and dissolve 3 tbsp hot cocoa into the coffee mixture. set aside to cool.
- whip the Tofutti or cream cheese until fluffy.
- set aside approx 3/4 cup of the whipped topping for later use
- fold the remaining whipped topping into the Tofutti, followed by the cocoa/coffee mixture
- pour into pie crust
- spread the left over 3/4 cup of whipped topping on top of the pie
- in the measuring cup, heat the remaining 1/3 cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds
- dissolve the remaining 1 tsp instant coffee and the remaining 2 tbsp cocoa in the hot water. cool.
- use a spoon or knife to drizzle/splatter the cocoa/coffee mixture on top of pie
- freeze pie in freezer at least one hour or until firm
-dark chocolate shavings
-crushed chocolate covered espresso beans