MY MOM'S FAMOUS CHRISTMAS PUERTORICAN EGGNOG "COQUITO"
My Mom's Famous Christmas PuertoRican Eggnog "Coquito"
- Preparation Time: 30-45 minutes
- 12 cans evaporated milk
- 3 cans condensed milk
- 3 cans cream of coconut
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
- cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon powder
- 1-2 liters of White Puerto Rican Rum (Palo Viejo or Bacardi)
1. First take the yolks of 8 large eggs and mix with the 2 cups of sugar
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed until creamy white
3. Pour the vanilla
4. Add slowly the condensed milk and keep beating on med speed
5. Add the cream of coconut and also mix at a medium speed
6. Add the evaporated milk, mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
7. Finally add the white rum, mix well
8. Put 2-3 sticks of cinnamon on each container, fill with the mixture.
9. Store in refrigerator until serving time
10. Shake well before serving. Serve cold, sprinkle slightly with cinnamon powder.