- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 30-45 minutes
- 12 cans evaporated milk
- 3 cans condensed milk
- 3 cans cream of coconut
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
- cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon powder
- 1-2 liters of White Puerto Rican Rum (Palo Viejo or Bacardi)
- 1. First take the yolks of 8 large eggs and mix with the 2 cups of sugar
- 2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed until creamy white
- 3. Pour the vanilla
- 4. Add slowly the condensed milk and keep beating on med speed
- 5. Add the cream of coconut and also mix at a medium speed
- 6. Add the evaporated milk, mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 7. Finally add the white rum, mix well
- 8. Put 2-3 sticks of cinnamon on each container, fill with the mixture.
- 9. Store in refrigerator until serving time
- 10. Shake well before serving. Serve cold, sprinkle slightly with cinnamon powder.
- Enjoy! Salud!
NotesThis is a traditional holiday drink in all homes during the Christmas holidays in Puerto Rico. this is my Mom's recipe handed down to me which I already handed down to my oldest son.
Jean’s Recipe File
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More