- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C)
- Mom's Best Ever Icing
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 2 cups icing sugar
- *Line cupcake tin, makes 18 cupcakes
- *In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients.
- *Add eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- *Beat with a mixer on medium speed for a couple
- of minutes until smooth and silky. Stir in boiling
- water until blended.
- Directions; Mom's Best Ever Icing
- Combine the butter, cocoa and hot water.
- Gradually add the icing sugar until smooth and
- creamy. Ice cupcakes and enjoy!
- *Fill muffin tins with batter; bake in oven
- for 22-25 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is one passed down by a great Aunt it was the first title I thought of for my cookbook. My mother makes the best icing ever. I can never match it although I try she even uses margarine ... I know...I know!
Copyright Happy Baker Publishing, All Rights reserver. Visit www.thehappybakerchick.com for more info.
GAES PTO Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More