- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C)
- Mom's Best Ever Icing
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 2 cups icing sugar
- *Line cupcake tin, makes 18 cupcakes
- *In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients.
- *Add eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- *Beat with a mixer on medium speed for a couple
- of minutes until smooth and silky. Stir in boiling
- water until blended.
- Directions; Mom's Best Ever Icing
- Combine the butter, cocoa and hot water.
- Gradually add the icing sugar until smooth and
- creamy. Ice cupcakes and enjoy!
- *Fill muffin tins with batter; bake in oven
- for 22-25 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is one passed down by a great Aunt it was the first title I thought of for my cookbook. My mother makes the best icing ever. I can never match it although I try she even uses margarine ... I know...I know!
Copyright Happy Baker Publishing, All Rights reserver. Visit www.thehappybakerchick.com for more info.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More