- Cooking Time: 60+
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 large pkg. of chicken wings (or size according to desired servings)
- Kosher salt )you control the amount desired)
- Sour Cream
- Vegetable oil
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large Dutch oven; enough to scantly cover the bottom of the pan. Fry small amounts of chicken wings, turning, until golden brown on both sides (folding the wing tips over the main part keeps the wings compact).
- Place chicken wings on a plate as they brown and continue to cook the remaining wings. You want a nice brown color achieved, which gives the sauce a lot of flavor. This is the key step to a wonderful flavor....nice and brown. Don't overcrowd when browning the wings...remember small batches at a time.
- Once all the wings are browned, return them to the Dutch oven. Salt the wings with Kosher salt to taste. Fill the pot with enough water to barely cover the wings (not over the wings); bring to a boil, turn the heat to medium-low (more or less), cover and cook until chicken is tender and almost falling off the bone, about 45 min.-1 hour.
- Remove Dutch oven from the heat. Stir in (about 16 oz. if using one large tray of wings) sour cream. Never boil the sour cream as it will curdle. You can heat through gently. Serve over hot, cooked noodles or rice.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired, as a garnish.
NotesDon't let the simplicity of this recipe deter you from trying it. I think it is very flavorful and definately has a warm place in my heart. My mother would prepare wings in this manner and my children would often request it. Although there is no set amount for the ingredients, it's purely prepared by sight and taste, a true handed-down home recipe. Served over cooked hot rice or noodles, this is a tasty way to enjoy wings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Delightful DessertsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More