MY MOMS STUFFED SHRIMP
- Serves 4 for under $30.00
- Ingredients- Shrimp
- 16 jumbo shrimp- approx $15.99
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil -additional for drizzling
- 2 cups of plain breadcrumbs- approx $2.89
- 4 garlic cloves- very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley- very finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Ingredients- For the salad
- 1 bag of arugula- approx $3.99
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium red bell pepper- cut into thin strips-approx $0.99
- 1 medium yellow pepper- cut into thin strips- approx $0.99
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place the arugula in a large salad bowl. Add the peppers, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. Add the olive oil and toss. Serve.
Preparation for the Shrimp
Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Rinse shrimp. Drain and pat dry. Peel the shrimp then butterfly them. In a bowl add the olive oil breadcrumbs garlic salt and pepper. Using your hands combine all the ingredients until the breadcrumbs are evenly coated with the olive oil (if it is a bit dry you may add more oil). Place the shrimp on a piece of foil. Drizzle them with olive oil. Top each shrimp with and even amount of the breadcrumb mixture. Place on your baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparation for the salad.
Place the arugula in a large salad bowl. Add the peppers, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar. Add the olive oil and toss. Serve.