- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 pounds almonds, finely ground (plus extra whole almonds to garnish cookies)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (plus 1 cup extra sugar to roll the cookies in)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Position your oven racks so that one rack is at the bottom of the oven and the other rack is in the middle of the oven; line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground almonds, sugar and cocoa.
- Add eggs and almond extract and mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon or your hands, scoop out enough of the almond mixture to form a ball that is roughly 1-1/2 to 2 inches in size.
- Roll each ball in the 1 cup of extra granulated sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Use extra whole almonds as garnish by placing one almond in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake cookies on lower rack for 10 minutes and then move to middle rack for an additional five minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container. Cookies will keep for up 10 days.
NotesTreasured family recipe.