- Cooking Time: 1.5 hours - 2 hours
- Servings: A lot, but it goes FAST!
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryFolks, this is the best cheesecake you will ever have -- that is if you LOVE New York Cheesecake, which in my opinion is the only one!
- All ingredients should be at room temperature
- 2 1/2 lbs of cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 275
- In large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour with an electric mixer
- When smooth beat in 2 of the eggs and then the other 3 (once the eggs have been incorporated ie you don't see any yellow stop beating....otherwise you wind up with too many air bubbles
- Stir in cream and vanilla either on a very low speed or by hand
- TO BAKE:
- 9 or 10 inch spring form pan. I spray a little Pam and then wipe it off
- You can fill the pan all the way up because the cake barely rises
- Tap pan on the counter to break up any air bubbles
- Place pan on a square of heavy duty aluminum foil. I use 2 sheets together
- Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours until center of cake feels firm to the touch. You don't want it to feel like Jello............more like Jello that has begun to harden if that makes any sense at all!
- Cover cake and chill, leaving the cake on the wire rack so the air will circulate. If you feel the cake is still warm then don't cover it right away because it will form condensation on the covering and the water will fall on the cake...doesn't look good.
- Chill at least 5 hours before serving but I don't feel that is good enough. A day or MORE allows the cheesecake to "ripen" and that is what makes it better.
- COOKIE CRUST:
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a small saucepan and remove from heat.
- Stir in one cup all purpose flour and 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Mix well and press evenly into the bottom of the pan........the bottom should be oiled but if you spray the Pam all over the pan that is fine...again, remember to wipe off any excess Pam
- I used to cook the crust first so if you want to do it you have to heat the oven to 400 while you make the crust. Then bake it for 15 minutes. BUT YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TO LOWER THE HEAT TO 275 FOR THE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Scrape the bowl and beaters often while beating the cream cheese
- Don't open the oven door for the first 30 minutes of baking. I don't open it for the first hour
- Put the cake in the center of the oven
- If you don't think the cake is done in 2 hours take it out anyway.
- GOOD LUCK!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Vegan Roadie's 5 Ingredient Challenge Cookbook - Season One
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More