- Cooking Time: 50 to 60 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon powdered unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped finely
- Cake Batter:
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup sugar (scant)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375* degrees F.
- Adjust oven rack 1/3 up from the bottom.
- Butter very liberally a Bundt or tube pan.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and cocoa thoroughly. Stir in raisins, then walnuts and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter. Add vanilla and sugar and beat a minute or two. Add eggs individually, beating thoroughly after each. Keep mixture smooth, scraping as necessary and beat at high speed for a minute or so until mixture is light and creamy.
- On the lowest speed alternately add dry ingredients in 3 additions and add sour cream in 2 additions, scraping and beating until smooth after each
- Spread a thin layer of the batter in bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle with about 1/3 of the nut filling.
- Continue making layers, 4 of the batter and 3 of the filling, ending
- with batter.
- It is important to spread the batter thin. It's easier if the batter is placed on by many small spoonfuls and then spread with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 50 or 60 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing the Bobka from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
NotesThis is a recipe that will fill your entire home with the amazing aroma of brown sugar and cinnamon. This combination of ingredients will please everyone...you don't have to be Jewish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More