- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box Crispix cereal (I think it has about 6 cups)
- 1 can nuts of choice (I prefer cashews)
- 10 oz. salted pretzel sticks
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt (I use mcCormicks)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- Pre-heat oven to 250F.
- In a large roasting pan combine, Crispix cereal, nuts, and salted pretzel sticks
- In a bowl combine Celery salt, Garlic Salt, Seasoned salt (I use mcCormicks)
- Add Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Stir together and whisk in 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- While whisking to keep it emulsified, drizzle the oil/spice mixture over the cereal/pretzel/nuts in the roaster.
- Toss to ensure the mixture is coated evenly, and bake for 2 hours, tossing and turning the mix every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove and allow to fully cool at room temperature before packaging in airtight containers.
- Keeps indefinitely, and makes a wonderful hostess gift.
- VERY ADDICTIVE!!
NotesThis is my adaptation of the age-old "Chex mix". I use Crispix cereal, as it's half-corn & half-rice, but the same recipe could certainly be used with your choice of Chex. It's the spice blend that makes this mix special, and people coming back for more
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More