- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my adaptation of the age-old "Chex mix". I use Crispix cereal, as it's half-corn & half-rice, but the same recipe could certainly be used with your choice of Chex. It's the spice blend that makes this mix special, and people coming back for more
- 1 box Crispix cereal (I think it has about 6 cups)
- 1 can nuts of choice (I prefer cashews)
- 10 oz. salted pretzel sticks
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt (I use mcCormicks)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- Pre-heat oven to 250F.
- In a large roasting pan combine, Crispix cereal, nuts, and salted pretzel sticks
- In a bowl combine Celery salt, Garlic Salt, Seasoned salt (I use mcCormicks)
- Add Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Stir together and whisk in 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- While whisking to keep it emulsified, drizzle the oil/spice mixture over the cereal/pretzel/nuts in the roaster.
- Toss to ensure the mixture is coated evenly, and bake for 2 hours, tossing and turning the mix every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove and allow to fully cool at room temperature before packaging in airtight containers.
- Keeps indefinitely, and makes a wonderful hostess gift.
- VERY ADDICTIVE!!