- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 refrigerated pie shells (yeah you can make your own if your ambitious)
- 8 large OR 10 medium eggs
- 1 cup mayo (I use Hellmans, use what you like)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Filling 1:
- 6 or 8 strips of cooked bacon (we like Hickory but it doesn't matter)
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 medium diced onion
- 6 ozs baby portabella mushrooms (any works)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced or paste or fresh - frozen takes less so start small and taste, taste, taste)
- 10 slices of cheese (I use white American but ANY will work)
- Filling 2:
- 2 TBL of Butter
- 1 or 2 TBL bacon grease
- 10 slices of cheese (I use white American or Velveeta - any will work)
- 10 slices of diced sliced ham (I buy good quality lunch meat from the deli and dice it myself. Cheap ham has too much water in it so watch the water content in prepackaged ham.)
- Pam your pie plates.
- Place your pastry dough in each pan
- Line the bottoms of pastry with a layer of half your cheese (again I encourage experiments, use your favorite cheese or dare to be different).
- Filling 1:
- Sautee onions, mushrooms and raw spinach until tender and cooked down. While its cooking down I will add the garlic towards the end, salt and pepper to taste - YES TASTE IT before you add eggs. If your being creative this would be the time to add any seasoning you want or vegetable type left over you might have.
NotesI cook for the pickiest bunch you will ever meet. When I cook Quiche, I make two different kinds to feed a family of 6. It is simple, easy and if you have favorite ingredients or leftovers you can certainly add them to or instead. It is so versatile. I love a great Spinach Quiche and I hate Spinach so don't discount it till you try it. I was shocked. The most important thing I have discovered is the oven temperature. You can't rush the cooking time by jacking up the heat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More