- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) package Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup garlic croutons, crushed (fine like breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and next 7 ingredients, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard.
- Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
- To this reserved ketchup mixture, add the brown sugar and stir well to incorporate.
- This will make like a bbq sauce.
- Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a cookie sheet with three slices of white bread (the bread will help soak up the grease but you will not eat the bread)underneath.
- Spread remaining bbq sauce mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes.
- Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
NotesThis is based off another recipe, but I like my version much better.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
My Family Cookbook
Foodie BabySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More