MY TASTY MEATLOAF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) package Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup garlic croutons, crushed (fine like breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and next 7 ingredients, mixing well.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard.
Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
To this reserved ketchup mixture, add the brown sugar and stir well to incorporate.
This will make like a bbq sauce.
Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a cookie sheet with three slices of white bread (the bread will help soak up the grease but you will not eat the bread)underneath.
Spread remaining bbq sauce mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes.
Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.