MY TUNA CASSEROLE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box of Kraft macaroni & cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned peas
- 1 teasp. poultry seasoning
- 1 can tuna, drained (I prefer solid white in water)
- dry bread crumbs (seasoned of plain)
- chili powder, or paprika, or cajun seasoning
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Boil the macaroni as package directs, emptying the cheese-food package in a large bowl. To the bowl, add the can of mushroom soup, then, using the can as a measure, fill half-full of milk and combine with the soup and cheese mix. Add the peas and poultry seasoning and stir to mix. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and saute the onion. Add the onion and all the butter from the pan to the bowl and mix. Drain the tuna and flake into the bowl, as well as the cooked and drained macaroni, stirring to combine allingredients. Scoop mixture into a greased casserole, being careful not to pack it down. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top, as well as the paprika or the other suggested garnishments. Bake for 1/2 hour, or until the top is browned and casserole is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving
NotesI've been making this for so many years, I have no recollection of how I came up with the recipe. It's a simple, comforting dish that makes use of things most of us have on hand all the time
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More