- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryOne of my family's favorite from my grandmother who came from Poland.
This is a dish I used to make only at Thanksgiving. I loved it so much that I began making a ton of it and freezing the rest in serving sizes! If you don't like turnip/rutabaga, try it this way.
Just remember, cook each veggie *SEPARATELY* and combine just before serving.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 lbs turnips or rutabagas
- cream or milk
- Boil carrots and turnip/rutabaga *SEPARATELY*.
- When done, mash each *SEPARATELY* using as much cream, butter, and seasonings to your taste.
- Just before serving, drain any liquid formed at the bottom of the bowls and GENTLY combine them both.
- You should be able to see both carrot and turnip/rutabaga pieces in the combined dish.