- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound large sea scallops (sometimes sold as "diver" scallops)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted (no margarine!)
- 1 teasp. lemon juice
- 1 teasp. sugar
- 1 Tbl. sliced green onion, or finely diced regular onion
- 3/4 of a tube of butter crackers (like Townhouse, or Pepperide farms butter crackers)
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Prepare scallops by rinsing in cold water, then draining well and patting very dry with paper towels.
- Remove the little piece of tough connective muscle, if necessary, and cut each scallop into 2-3 pieces.
- Finely crush the crackers, combine with sugar and chopped onion.
- Place scallops in a large bowl, and sprinkle with the lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- Pour the melted butter in and toss again.
- Add the crumb mixture and toss till scallops are well coated.
- Turn the coated scallops into a casserole dish large enough to accomodate it, being careful not to pack mixture down.
- Sprinkle casserole with paprika and bake for 12-15 minutes, until scallops are golden brown on the top and no longer opaque throughout when cut open.
NotesNo fancy name here...just how I've been doing scallops for years. I'm fortunate to live where I can get fresh, large scallops from the North Atlantic. If you use the frozen ones, try to get the flash-frozen kind without a lot of juice, and avoid the little "bay scallops" altogether...they tend to be tough and taste more fishy.
It's all about that protein
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More