- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- grate soap, entire bar.
- add 6 cups of water to a big pan and add grated soap.
- heat til soap melts completely. whisking as it melts.
- add washing soda and borax and stir til dissolved.
- remove from heat
- pour 4 cups of hot water into your bucket, then add your melted soap mixture and stir.
- add in 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir again.
- let sit 24 hours.
- Use 1/2 c per load.
NotesThis takes a bit more work to make, but costs justs pennies and it really works well. we're farmers and we know dirt, lol This is a "Gelled" type laundry soap. It will gel up to a consistency like soft jelly. It melts very easy in your wash water. There is never any left on your clothes after the wash cycle. One more point to make here is, with homemade laundry soaps, there are not the suds like in commercial brands. Suds don't clean cloths. The suds are just for "eye appeal" it's from by- products added to the store bought product.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Short & SweetSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More