- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Dash ground ginger
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 lb. round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 c. sliced onions
- 2 c. diced peeled potatoes
- 2 c. water
- My grandmother makes her own pie crust by I prefer to use Pillsbury refrigerated pie dough.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, ginger and allspice. Coat meat cubes; reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high burner. Brown meat on all sides.
- Add onions; cook until tender.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture.
- Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Spoon meat filling into the pie plate and top with crust. Seal and flute edges. Brush crust with egg.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More