- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Must haves
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- I like it with
- Diced garlic
- 1 can each drained, pinto, black and kidney beans
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies
- Sautéed bellpepper and onions
- Sliced black olives
- Small can Italian tomato paste
- 1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 or 2 packets of ranch dressing powder
- 1 can of corn, juice and all
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 3 splashes of smokey Tabasco
- Ancho chilies
- 1 extra packet hot taco seasoning
- 2 tbspn cumin
- 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh tomato
- Cilantro with finely diced red onion
- Tortilla chips
- Basically anything you like on a taco is good.
- Cook the ground beef, drain off fat.
- Add everything to a large pot and heat to a boil.
- Turn down and simmer. Cook at least 10 minutes up to 2 hours. Great in the crockpot on low.
- If its too "soupy" cook longer, not enough - add more liquid. Nothing has to be measured really. Just cook! Keeps a week or so in the fridge. Gets better everyday. Can be frozen, but I freeze it without beans and add them later.
NotesEveryone loves taco soup. It's easy to make. Substitutions are fine. It's quick and simple. I like mine spicy!!
Use a big pot, and yes you can freeze the leftovers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More