MY HEARTY TACO SOUP.
- Must haves
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- I like it with
- Diced garlic
- 1 can each drained, pinto, black and kidney beans
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies
- Sautéed bellpepper and onions
- Sliced black olives
- Small can Italian tomato paste
- 1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 or 2 packets of ranch dressing powder
- 1 can of corn, juice and all
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 3 splashes of smokey Tabasco
- Ancho chilies
- 1 extra packet hot taco seasoning
- 2 tbspn cumin
- 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh tomato
- Cilantro with finely diced red onion
- Tortilla chips
- Basically anything you like on a taco is good.
Cook the ground beef, drain off fat.
Add everything to a large pot and heat to a boil.
Turn down and simmer. Cook at least 10 minutes up to 2 hours. Great in the crockpot on low.
If its too "soupy" cook longer, not enough - add more liquid. Nothing has to be measured really. Just cook! Keeps a week or so in the fridge. Gets better everyday. Can be frozen, but I freeze it without beans and add them later.
Use a big pot, and yes you can freeze the leftovers.