- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 8x8" round cake pans (spring form for atleast one)
- 1 qt ice cream, whichever you like
- Boxed yellow cake mix
- 3 ox. box Vanilla pudding mix
- (or if you have the large box, just use half)
- 1 1/4c water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2c oil
- Mix ingredients with mixer and pour into 2 lightly greased pans.
- Bake as directed on box (350 for 35 min)
- Cool completely.
- While those are baking in 3rd pan(if you only have one spring form use it here) pack in ice cream (took me the whole qt). Cover with plastic wrap and put back into freezer.
- When cakes are cooled work quickly for the next steps as ice cream can melt a bit.
- On cake plate, lay one cake down and then put on ice cream layer (you may need to heat the bottom of the pan with a bit of warm water to get the ice cream off)then add remaining cake layer. Cover and put in freezer.
- You can frost this however you would like. I used white rolled fondant SATIN ICE icing vanilla flavor that I colored. If using fondant, dye and roll fondant and have it ready to set on cake before taking the cake out, again ice cream can and will soften.
- I don't recommend using regular frosting as it will harden and become cracked/unpleasant to eat while in the freezer. And its hard to spread frosting on ice cream.
- Keep in freezer, covered, until ready to serve.
- Enjoy ^_^
NotesI just made this for my significant others birthday. I used strawberry cheesecake ice cream (his favorite). The decoration choice was because we play World of Warcraft and the character race he chooses is undead. It took awhile for my to do the fondant(and its not the best work) since it was my first time using it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More