MY "GOLD MEDAL WINNING" CARROT CAKE
- Cooking Time: 30 mintues
- Servings: 12 to 15
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 egg yokes
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can evaporated milk (or you can use half & half)
- 1 12 oz. can angel flake coconut(or half a bag
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk in a medium sauce pan. Bring mixture to a boil and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Then add the butter until melted, as mixture cools, add coconut.
- Cream eggs, sugar, oil, molasses, and vanilla together. Combine the remaining dry ingredients and slowly add to creamed mixture. Fold in remaining ingredients. Using 3 9in. paper lined cake pans, Bake at 350 until firm. Approximately 30 minutes. *This is a moist and heavy cake, and really needs the pans to be lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Ice cake and in between layers with cooked icing.
NotesThis is my own recipe. It came from years of trying all kinds of carrot cakes, some good, some not. But the one thing I remembered was the first carrot cake that I ever ate came from a bakery. It had the icing that you put on a German Chocolate cake. I have won a gold medal with this recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More