- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 to 3 stalks, finely diced and briefly sautéed
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tablespoons dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (used 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground bold black pepper)
- 12 ounces frozen flat dumplins
- 3 to 4 cups cooked chicken breast or turkey breast, coarsely chopped (OR, 1 whole rotisserie chicken)
- Sauté diced celery in Dutch oven. Add chicken stock, soup, poultry seasoning, and ground pepper. Whisk to combine. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Boil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium. Add a few flat dumplings, stirring after each addition, until all are added to the boiling broth. Cook 10 to 12 minutes. Add cooked chicken. Boil 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover. Wait 15 to 25 minutes before serving.
NotesI had never made flat dumplings until Nan gave me her recipe. AND, this was the first time I spotted them in a local grocery store. Definitely comfort food and perfect with tossed salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More