- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup lard, melted (authentic) - or oil, such as Crisco (we use olive oil)
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and powdered milk.
- Gradually, stir in 1 cup of warm water. Mix well.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup warm water mix by hand (like you would meatloaf).
- Set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Melt lard in frying pan. Preheat to frying temperature.
- Take small ball of dough. Pat dough flat.
- Then, pull dough into a thin circle the size of the frying pan.
- Carefully lay the dough in frying pan. Fry until lightly brown on both sides.
NotesThis is a favorite family recipe which we have enjoyed for four generations.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking for a CureSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More