- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 112
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder)
- 24 oz. chocolate chips
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 - 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, & soda.
- Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts.
- Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
NotesI recieved this through an email years ago and it is the only cookie recipe I will make anymore. I know this is just an old urban legend - but this recipe is the best!!! And yes it can be halved.
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Mexican African Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
Banana & blueberry muffinsSee More