- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 42 Nestle Crunch Bars (1 1/16 oz each), divided use
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream, divided use
- 3 teaspoons vanilla, divided use
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Nestle Crunch bar frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter and flour 2 (9-inch) round layer pans.
- Break up 12 candy bars and melt in hot water on top of double boiler; cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together well. Beat in egg yolks beating well, then add 1 cup sour cream and beat well. Blend in cooled candy bar-water mix and vanilla. Stir in flour (do not beat!) until blended, then add baking soda which has been dissolved in 3 tablespoons water.
- Gently fold in egg whites which have been stiffly beaten with the salt. Divide between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-35 minutes. Cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out and finish cooling on racks.
- Frost completely cooled cake thickly between layers, on sides and top of cooled cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cooking for a CureSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More