- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 42 Nestle Crunch Bars (1 1/16 oz each), divided use
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream, divided use
- 3 teaspoons vanilla, divided use
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Nestle Crunch bar frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter and flour 2 (9-inch) round layer pans.
- Break up 12 candy bars and melt in hot water on top of double boiler; cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together well. Beat in egg yolks beating well, then add 1 cup sour cream and beat well. Blend in cooled candy bar-water mix and vanilla. Stir in flour (do not beat!) until blended, then add baking soda which has been dissolved in 3 tablespoons water.
- Gently fold in egg whites which have been stiffly beaten with the salt. Divide between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-35 minutes. Cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out and finish cooling on racks.
- Frost completely cooled cake thickly between layers, on sides and top of cooled cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
GAES PTO Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More